Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Need another ten years of life? Play games?

Game designer Jane McGonigal claims to give you an extra 7.5 minutes of life, but her speech lasts 19 min. (Joke.) Actually, she claims an ten years of life.

The speech is interesting although you could probably do other things than gaming to get similar effects.

Here's a summary to save you more time and life:

Post-traumatic growth (some people grow stronger after tragedy--they have this attitude):
  1. My priorities have changed. I'm not afraid to do what makes me happy.
  2. I feel closer to my friends and family.
  3. I understand myself better and I know who I really am now
  4. I have a new sense of meaning and purpose.
  5. I am better able to focus on my goals and dreams.
I would add that some people are jerks and let it go. They're probably confused thinking they're saving their job, their kid, or the world. Let it go. As soon as you can. This doesn't mean you should allow evil, but if they let you, give them the benefit of the doubt. (Must remind myself of this.)

Tackle tiny goals to boost will power.
Improve/test these 4 areas everyday:
  1. Physical Resilience
  2. Mental Resilience (tackling mental challenges boosts will power)
  3. Emotional Resilience (baby animals -- 3:1 positive emotions)
  4. Social Resilience (touch/gratitude) -- like and want to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment